PSaying the word ‘but’ exerts a great influence, almost always negative, on our daily lives. You, me and everyone in general should be careful when mentioning that hateful term because with each ‘but’ we have one more excuse not to get ahead.
That of looking for a reason to ‘not do something’ implies letting opportunities pass by, thus hindering our future.
The absurd programming of the ‘but’, the one we always repeat to ourselves, is nothing more than a reflection of our laziness and insecurity.
The ‘but’, perhaps without realizing it, all it does is fill us with excuses for not getting down to work.
The truth is that we spend our time longing to achieve many things and, in the blink of an eye, we find a ‘but’ for each task.
Finding arguments not to act has such devastating energy that if we get used to saying ‘but’, we will not get out of that tedious place in which we find ourselves.
It is important to learn to speak positive things and to have thoughts of faith and hope. It is also up to us to be willing ‘to go out into the ring’ or to face situations with tenacity.
What we say and do will influence our circumstances, balancing and aligning them with each word spoken and guaranteeing us better results. We must look at ourselves in the mirror and, face to face, take responsibility for undertaking the tasks that life brings us.
If we are risky, we will discover how productive, efficient and happy we can be.
By facing each situation we will be able to develop our potentialities and we will show ourselves what we are capable of doing.
The essential thing, in all this spectrum of possibilities, is that we can learn to be more honest and take control of our lives.
Let’s take a few minutes to ‘tune in’ to our current situation. Let’s accept the good news that, once and for all, we can be willing to face life and, better yet, that we have the ability to make the most of all the situations we face.
TELL US YOUR CASE!
Concerns frequently assault our state of mind. However, with each question we have one more chance to face a new horizon, either by reasoning or applying healthy strategies for the soul. What are those fears that affect you today? Tell us about them to reflect on it on this page. Send your testimony to Euclides Kilô Ardila at the following email: email@example.com In this column, he himself will respond. Let’s look at today’s case:
Testimony: “I go through long and hard moments of anxiety and I don’t know why. Before anything I feel restless and tense. It wasn’t like that before, it was with the pandemic that I became so stressed. What would you recommend? Give me some advice. Thank you”.
Answer: Anxiety is more common than it seems, especially in these times of so much crisis.
According to a recent survey, seven out of ten Colombians suffer from anxiety with some regularity and, as happened to you, it has increased in this time of pandemic.
Learning to deal with anxiety takes time and a good dose of patience. It will even be necessary to practice and be willing to face the situations that make this singular restlessness appear.
There are some simple strategies, such as: exercising, listening to relaxing music, reading a good book, doing yoga, walking, and even praying, depending on your belief.
However, I believe that in any episode of anxiety you should follow these steps:
1. Find out what makes you feel so anxious. She doesn’t show up ‘just because she does’. She must be going through flashes of insecurity or facing some problem that keeps him this restless.
2. Face the anxiety, do not pretend that nothing happened to you.
3. Focus on a solution.
4. Take a few slow breaths in each difficult situation.
5. Have faith and believe that you can overcome this state of anxiety. If you have the willpower, you will succeed.
Following these tips will be very helpful. However, if the anxiety is intense and you can’t get rid of it, you may want to seek professional guidance, perhaps from a psychologist or therapist; they will suggest appropriate therapies. God bless you!
* Not everyone will help you push your carriage; however, when I get it turned on, everyone is going to want to get on it. The same thing will happen to him in life: many will accompany him in the ‘good’ times, but few will do so in the ‘bad’ ones. This being the case, know in whom he invests his friendship.
* If you know that your intention was always to ‘do your best’ and you were honest, then you have nothing to regret, much less feel bad if something doesn’t work out as expected. Be honest, bet on righteousness, display good behavior and never wish harm on anyone.
* It is necessary to maintain due serenity in the way of thinking and in the objectives that one has. If you allow correspondence between your thoughts, your feelings and your actions, you will be destined to succeed and, therefore, you will achieve each of your dreams.
* It is not life that separates or distances people; it is the evil, contempt, hypocrisy, humiliation, envy, betrayal and lack of respect that are the triggers to end a good relationship. Life is too beautiful to blame it for those ugly behaviors.