Good morning! Here I leave you the most important news of the last few hours and some of the outstanding content of RED/ACCIÓN.
You can write me with your comments and suggestions.
Share this newsletter or subscribe
Elections 2023: the ruling party changed its name and Kirchnerism had to accept the STEP. On the verge of closing alliances for the 2023 elections, the Frente de Todos was renamed with a new name: Union for the Homeland. He did so in the midst of a fierce confrontation over the authorization or not of the PASO, in which Daniel Scioli threatened to prosecute the process. Finally, the PJ from Buenos Aires, with the signature of Máximo Kirchner, gave in and enabled internal competition through a letter with harsh criticism of the president and his candidate“Alberto Ángel Fernández and Daniel Osvaldo Scioli”. “The special dedication they have put into the discussion about ‘one more or one less national deputy’ is striking (…) I wish they had put the same dedication and effort into recovering the purchasing power of citizens.
In the midst of tensions and mistrust, the opposition registered the alliance Together for Change. The negotiation was unlocked after a call between Horacio Rodríguez Larreta and Patricia Bullrich. The incorporation to the electoral seal was approved from La Libertad Avanza Libertad, by José Luis Espert; the GEN, by Margarita Stolbizer, and UNIR, by Alberto Asseff, who join the parties already members: PRO, UCR, Civic Coalition and Federal Republican Meeting. They came up yesterday strong versions about the possible vice-presidential candidate of Patricia Bullrich: the economists Carlos Melconian and Ricardo López Murphy and the current radical governor of Mendoza, Luis Naidenoff, are mentioned.
Inflation in May was 7.8% and year-on-year reached 114.2%. Yesterday, INDEC reported the measurement for the last month, which was 0.6 percentage points below data from last month. In the first 5 months of the year, the price increase reached 42.2% and in May the items that most impacted the general number were services such as “housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels” with 11 .9% rise. It contracted in May after six months of increases: since November 2022, month after month, the CPI registered higher numbers than the previous 30 days.
- “I saw her gagged in a van”: the Key witness statement prompting the search from the body of Cecilia Strzyzowski. Gustavo Melgarejo, the Sena’s landlord, was the only one of the seven detainees who testified last night before the team of prosecutors. After his testimony, the Justice ordered a series of raids
- From 9 in the morning, in Beijing, Argentina vs. Australia meet in a friendly match. In a reissue of the round of 16 of the World Cup, the champion team will have the presence of Leo Messi.
- A genetic ‘pencil’ achieves remission of lethal leukemia in two hopeless teenagers. A third youth died in a clinical trial conducted at London hospital which is financed by the copyright of Peter Pan.
- How will Margaret be? the new fiction of Cris Morena. Who are the confirmed actors, including Mery del Cerro and Isabel Macedo. It will be a continuation of Floricienta.
- For crimes against humanity, the Clooney Foundation denounces Venezuela before the Argentine Justice. Appears as plaintiffs on behalf of the relatives of two victims of the Venezuelan State.
- The farewell of Silvio Berlusconi, showman who changed the politics and culture of Italy, dies at 86. She brought sex and glamor to Italian television, then applied the same formula to politics, dominating the country and its culture for more than 20 years.
Let’s go now with the best of our site 👇
Women between the past and the present: since when do the ‘influencers’ exist? Modern influencers perpetuate feminine ideals through social networks, just like historical figures such as the Virgin Mary or Venus. From role models of a good mother and wife to challenging stereotypes, images continue to shape our perception of femininity. [Por Patricia María Castiñeyra Fernández]
Chile returns to chinstraps due to the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV): what it is like and what it causes. The main virus that causes bronchiolitis and pneumonia in children around the world is now fueling an outbreak in the neighboring country. In Argentina, and throughout South America, health agencies have called for greater control over RSV, which mainly affects children. [Por Elizabeth Maier]
One of the most anticipated releases is coming up: a new album by El Mató a un Policía Motorizado. Several clues and some loose pieces anticipated this long-awaited event for lovers of indie rock at a national and international level. Today we go through what we know so far about the album to appease anxiety until we can listen to it in its entirety. [Por Natalia Sarramone]
The important thing is that they speak. With the electoral smears, the pre-candidates test campaign resources to gain visibility in a non-traditional way. Tricks that highlight the difficulty of generating interest in voters. [Por Juan Iramain]
A mass was dictated by IA: the controversy reached religion. Jonas Simmerlein, a Protestant theologian, decided to carry out an experiment: ask artificial intelligence to officiate as a preacher and hold a service in his church. The results? A discussion about the possible intervention of this technology in spirituality. [Por Victoria Mendizaal]
Six recommendations to sleep better. Sleeping 7 to 8 hours a day is what the adult body requires for proper functioning. However, falling asleep can be a difficult task. Know the advice of specialists to achieve a good rest at night. [Por Florencia Cabral]
That’s all for this Thursday. We meet again tomorrow. Hug!
With support from