The Montagna Doc review – Stories of resistance and resilience is back at the Cinema delle Valli in Villar Perosa (To). Scheduled every Saturday at 6.30 pm, from 29 October to 3 December, 6 events dedicated to the mountains and adventure, as physical and spiritual places. Each screening will be preceded by a themed meeting with guests: directors, journalists, experts and protagonists of the documentaries.
An absolute novelty is the transformation of the cinema into a television studio for 3 of the appointments on the bill. First official collaboration between the Cinema delle Valli and the newborn RBE TV (www.rbe.it). The audience and speakers will be the protagonists of “Seratina film”, a space dedicated to films, documentaries and short films produced in Piedmont whose purpose is to enhance them and make them known to the public through television.
- Saturday 29 October opens with Innesti by Sandro Bozzolo, set in Valle Mongia in the Cuneo area, the story of a silent and formidable battle to recover the centuries-old chestnut groves and their tradition. The director retraces the personal relationship with his father Ettore, one of the last chestnut growers. Sandro Bozzolo and the producer Enrica Viola will be present in the room.
- Saturday 5 November the protagonist is a great mountaineering feat with Mario Fantin’s Filming by Mario Fantin for Italy K2, a montage made in 2021 dedicated to the expedition sponsored by the CAI in 1954 and directed by the geologist Ardito Desio who will be able to reach the second peak for the first time highest in the world: the K2. Guest in the room Roberto Mantovani, freelance journalist from Torre Pellice and historian of European and extra-European mountaineering.
- Saturday 12 November Neve Rosso Sangue by Daniel Daquino and Ilmurrán – Maasai in the Alps by Sandro Bozzolo, the first dedicated to the massacre of Valmala on 6 March 1945, when nine partisans from Garibaldi were killed by the Alpini of Monterosa at the end of the war, while the second documents the experience of Leah and Silvia, a young Maasai and a bergera (shepherd of sheep) who in 2014 shared the pasture on the pastures of the Maritime Alps. Maasai and Bergé are similar peoples, marked by a parallel history: both practice nomadic pastoralism and find themselves walking in a delicate balance on the borderline between tradition and modernity. In the room the director Daniel Daquino and the protagonist Silvia Somà. Event in collaboration with RBE TV.
- Saturday 19 November Cannabis Rock by Franco Fornaris, a short but intense ‘beat’ experience of a group of young Piedmontese climbers who, from 1973 to 1975, revolutionized the traditionalism of the Piedmontese and Italian mountaineering world, transferring the restless and creative climate of the ‘ 68. Guest in the hall is the alpinist Andrea Giorda. Event in collaboration with RBE TV.
- Saturday, November 26 The alpinist by Giacomo Piumatti and Fabio Mancari (guests in the room), documentary dedicated to Agostino “Gustin” Gazzera, a Fiat worker in the 1950s, in love with mountaineering who dreams of walking the mountain routes opened by legendary mountaineers . The Alpinist retraces the events of a man whose strong curiosity and determination push him higher and higher, making him live mythical experiences between the Piedmontese peaks and the four thousand Valle d’Aosta. Event in collaboration with RBE TV.
- Montagna Doc closes on Saturday, December 3, with Gabriele Vacis’s documentary On the blue path of 2022 following a group of autistic children who, in the company of their doctors and educators, travel the 200 km long path of the Via Francigena in 9 days. A journey of growth and knowledge, between effort and fun. In the room Ornella Giordana (contact person “The Mountain that helps” CAI Turin – CAI Central Hiking Commission), Loretta Costantino (Head of BUM Autism Center Diaconia Valdese) and Emanuele Gabaglio (president of ASD Hiking Trekking).
For all the Montagna Doc screenings, the entrance ticket costs € 6, reduced € 4 with the Community card.
Montagna Doc, the exhibition that tells the story of the valleys in Villar Perosa